Date: October 24, 2022
Time: 10:00am (PDT), 1:00pm (EDT), 7:00pm (CEST)
The incredible success of mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 has generated a surge of interest and investment in the development of this new therapeutic modality. Products based on mRNA have broad potential for use as therapeutics in applications such as cancer treatments and vaccines. There are many advantages to using mRNA over existing technologies, such as reduced risk of unwanted post-translational modifications that can plague protein therapeutics. However, the pursuit of new therapeutic modalities can raise unforeseen risk during research and development.
Biopharma 101 by SCIEX is intended to provide you with a thorough introduction to foundational analytical characterization workflows for mRNA-based therapeutics, from the basics of mRNA chemistry and an overview of manufacturing. This foundation can then be applied to the use of capillary electrophoresis for plasmid and mRNA purity profiling, as well as the use of mass spectrometry to characterize the specific type of 5’-cap and identify lipid nanoparticle impurities; joining this class will upgrade your mRNA therapeutic expertise!
- Quantify plasmid topological forms to ensure starting material quality
- Determine mRNA purity and sequence length with a reliable size estimation
- Elucidate RNA structural modeling by chemical probing and sequencing
- Reliably identify the different mRNA capping structures as well as distinguish between uncapped and capped structures.
- Determine drug efficacy and safety by identifying oxidative impurities in lipid nano particle formulations
Webinars will be available for unlimited on-demand viewing after live event.
LabRoots is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. By attending this webinar, you can earn 1 Continuing Education credit once you have viewed the webinar in its entirety.