DATE: June 9, 2020
TIME: 10:00am PT, 1:00pm ET
What is sepsis and why is it important to act fast when performing diagnostic tests in the clinical laboratory? During the webinar we will learn about the importance of having a rapid method for identification (ID) of microorganisms directly from positive blood cultures. Some of the rapid methods available in the market today, including the MBT Sepsityper® solution*, will be discussed in detail. The MBT Sepsityper® solution utilizes the MALDI Biotyper® MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer to provide a rapid and highly accurate ID directly from positive blood cultures. Details such as the validation, implementation, and performance of this application will be elaborated, and the impact will be illustrated by actual patient case studies. A question and answer session will be held at the end of the presentation.
- Explain clinical presentation of sepsis and the importance of fast laboratory testing
- Describe the importance of using rapid diagnostics when performing ID directly from positive blood cultures
- Outline the validation and implementation of MBT Sepsityper® solution
- Summarize the impact on patient outcomes when using a rapid ID method directly from positive blood cultures, such as the MBT Sepsityper® solution
* CompuNet Clinical Laboratories have validated all described non-IVD methods, software, kits and workflows for in-house clinical use.
FDA clearance for Bruker´s MBT Sepsityper® Kit US IVD is pending.
Webinars will be available for unlimited on-demand viewing after live event.
LabRoots is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. By attending this webinar, you can earn 1 Continuing Education credit once you have viewed the webinar in its entirety.