People love dogs, and as such, many people have them as pets. But dogs come in all shapes and sizes, and various breeds also come with their own behavioral attributes that can make certain ones better for apartment living.
If you live in an apartment, then you probably have neighbors living just on the other side of the wall. With that in mind, you should be mindful of the noise you make - including the sounds that your dog might create.
Some dogs bark more than others, but several breeds are mellower than most. Picking the right dog for apartment living can be a tough choice, but the American Kennel Club did all the hard work for you and recommended one of the following five breeds for apartment dwellers:
• Greyhound - large and fast, but quite mellow as they sleep for most of the day.
• Tsvetnaya Bolonka - require little exercise and learn tricks and barking etiquette easily.
• Biewer - very mellow and have no problem with a mostly-indoor lifestyle.
• French Bulldog - requires only short walks for exercise and adapts to most environments.
• Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - easy to train and quite mellow and gentle.
Breed choice doesn't necessarily mean that you've selected the right dog for your apartment way of life, as all dogs have their own personalities. Nevertheless, it's a great place to start if you're looking for the ideal indoor companion.