Date: October 19, 2021
Time: 7:00am (PDT), 10:00am (EDT)
Telomere length is linked to varied epidemiological factors and a precise measurement of telomere condition can bring important insights in disease management. Factors that impact the stability of telomeres can result in shorter telomere ends which can contribute to genomic instability. Telomere condition is linked to the onset of genomic diseases such as:
1. Cancer: telomere elongation is observed in some cancers causing genomic instability by introducing Interstitial Telomere Sequences (ITS).
2. Neurological disorders: telomere shortening in neurons is linked with loss of neuronal function(s).
3. Age related conditions: shortening of telomeres often contribute to loss of functions in specific cell types/tissues.
- Explain how TeloSizer® enables precise detection and automated quantitative measurement of telomere length using molecular combing and artificial intelligence
- Discover how TeloSizer® distinguishes between True Telomere Sequences (TTS) and Interstitial Telomere Sequences (ITS), to quantify the ITS and precisely measure the TTS for better stratification of cancer types
- Demonstrate how TeloSizer® analyzes the lengthening of single telomere sequences to uncover the effect of a pathological mechanism in the tissue and in the blood to get an unseen view of the status of a disease and help in predicting the evolution of a pathological condition.
Webinars will be available for unlimited on-demand viewing after live event.
LabRoots is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. By attending this webinar, you can earn 1 Continuing Education credit once you have viewed the webinar in its entirety.