Infectious disease research leads to the development of critical solutions to address past, present, and future infectious outbreaks— from revealing mechanism of host-pathogen effects and innate immune response, to more applied translational research on vaccine development and immune system function and autoimmune disease.
This live virtual event will showcase presentations by leading scientists from notable institutions around the world, sharing their research on infectious disease. Agilent, and BioTek, the newest member of the Agilent family, will be showcasing their latest innovations in cell analysis for infectious disease research. Product experts from both companies will also be available to answer questions.
Discover how leading researchers worldwide are conducting novel research on infectious disease, and how Agilent provides key technologies to advance therapeutic opportunities relating to viral and microbial infection:
- Track virus-induced cytopathic effects in real-time, greatly reduce workload and manual handling of samples with the xCELLigence real-time cell analysis (RTCA) platform.
- Seahorse XF technology measures the two major metabolic pathways, glycolysis and mitochondrial respiration, for live cells in real time, providing a critical systems-level view for host-pathogen interaction and innate immune response to infection, and providing insight into potential therapeutic targets.
- Novocyte flow cytometers provide robust, sensitive and automated quantitative assays relevant to infectious disease research such as immunophenotyping, bacterial cell counting and viability.
- Soluble Metabolic Sensors MitoXpress & pH-Xtra Products provide a high throughput, mix-and-measure, plate reader assessment of mitochondrial function and cell metabolism for investigating microbial metabolism, screening for antimicrobial compounds, as well as Anti-parasitic drug screening and drug target discovery.
- Conduct detailed analysis of cellular immune response, characterize cytopathic mechanisms, and measure viral titration—including automated CPE, viral plaque, and TCID50 assays—using kinetic live cell imaging and powerful image analysis tools with the Cytation Imaging Multi-Mode Reader and Lionheart FX Automated Microscope.
- Utilize efficient plate reader-based assays for viral detection, microbiology growth studies and evaluating humoral response with BioTek plate readers, including the Synergy Neo2.
- Improve assay reproducibility and increase sample throughput by incorporating BioTek liquid handlers and robotics platforms into common virology and microbiology workflows.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.