LabRoots, Inc. is pleased to announce the annual, two-day international, virtual Laboratory Animal Science (LAS) BioConference Live that will take place on February 4th and 5th, 2015. This is the premier online-only conference focused on laboratory animal science. The theme of this conference is Laboratory Animal Science in the 21st century; animal welfare and reduction of confounding factors in preclinical research with the following tracks:
- Training and competency assessment
- Biosafety and Biosecurity
LAS BioConference Live will bring together scientists, students, veterinary technicians, veterinarians, technical support staff, IACUC administrators and committee members, as well as training and compliance personnel from around the world to learn about recent advances on the science of animal wellbeing, housing, enrichment and biomethodology. Never before has such a diverse group of experts been able to participate in one, groundbreaking conference, which is absolutely free to all participants. No crowded airports, delayed flights or expensive hotel rooms, but still the look and feel of a first-rate conference with world renowned experts.
Conference participants will be able to:
- Search and attend session(s) of their choice
- Ask questions of the speakers via live video
- Chat live with your peers
- Receive Continuing Education Credits
- Browse a virtual exhibit floor for solution providers
Last year, over 20,000 people participated in the 3rd Laboratory Animal Science BioConference Live that included 59 speakers and 35 exhibitors, from 45 countries. We anticipate attendance of BioConference Live to continue to grow as the world?s scientific community continues to come together each year to share advances in laboratory animal medicine. Feedback highlights from the 2014 conference participants included:
- "The lecture topics were highly relevant and the speakers were world-class."
- "This is a great way to connect the global LAS community!"
- "I am new to the lab animal field, having come from 12 years of private practice. I'm studying for my ALAT and soaking up on the job training. This conference was extremely helpful as everything is new, and any information is beneficial. Thank you!"
- "It was a very interesting experience. It is both fun and convenient to be able to attend online and of course it is awesome that the presentations are available afterwards, since not all attendees are in the same time-zone!"
- "I thought this wasan exceptional way to obtain CE"
- "I liked it because it was very educative and informative. All the presentations were exciting and interesting. Well done and keep it up."
- "It's flexible education that fits around any schedule."
- "It is a very good experience to learn about various ethical and behavioural aspects in research on animals, especially on primates. It is an excellent opportunity of learning"
Continuing Educational Credits
The 2015 conference will be submitted for approved by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards for Continuing Education for veterinarians and veterinary technicians to receive CE credits, and will also meet AALAS and CALAS continuing education criteria.